In 2018 we will be running 3 different 3 day series, focusing on the oral language foundations for writing, reading and spelling. These professional learning series are for teachers and support staff (EAs, AIEOs, EAL/D and SAER teachers) who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in supporting students with language learning difficulties.
In addition to the Perth series; some of these series will also be run from Merredin and Katanning, for easier access for Wheatbelt schools.
Participants attending these series must work within either the North East Metropolitan or Wheatbelt Education District.
Each series consists of 3 full days of professional learning spread across each term. Throughout these series participants are provided with ongoing support and coaching from the Outreach Team. This support may include collaborative data analysis, goal setting and planning, resources sharing and in-class observation and coaching.
Dates – Perth
- Pathway to Writing Series – Term 1 (click here for more information)
- Pathway to Reading Series – Term 2 (click here for more information)
- Pathway to Spelling Series – Term 3 (click here for more information)
Cost and Registrations
$200 plus relief costs (per series).
Details for the Merredin and Katanning Series to be announced.
Participants can register for the series by accessing the NE Mtr LDC PLIS calendar at the following links:
- Pathway to Writing (Perth): https://plis.det.wa.edu.au/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=19704
- Pathway to Reading (Perth):https://plis.det.wa.edu.au/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=19710
- Pathway to Spelling (Perth): https://plis.det.wa.edu.au/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=19707
- Merredin Series: to be announced
- Katanning Series: to be announced